Type of Loyalty program: supermarket, food, other
Type of purchasing: online, offline
Used by: Sainsbury's Group (Argos, Sainsbury's In Store, Sainsbury's Online, VUE Cinemas, Dulux Decorator Centre, Viking products, Caffè Nero, Brakes Bros Ltd., eBay) Nectar 360 Ltd
Model of Loyalty program: rewards schemes. Nectar Loyalty Program is the UK’s largest, most engaged with and most recognized multi-partner loyalty program. It is transnational zone of loyalty for Sainsbury’s, Argos, British Airways, Esso, eBay and the Daily Mail Group, alongside many more of different brands. Nectar's unique coalition loyalty program model brings together the biggest and best brands in one digital-focused program. Nectar provides its customers with personalized, accumulated value in all key areas of their household spending.
Type of medium: card, profile (account)
Rewards schemes: rewards point
Additional perks: eco-oriented
Type of membership: free for the asking
Type of card: plastic and paper card
Program validity period: unlimited
Rewards points: points
Tiers: no tiers
Mobile version: yes
The Nectar Mobile App allows you to accumulate points and enjoy personalized offers, such as extra points, when you spend money at Sainsbury's partner stores. The offer makes it easy to find all the offers from partner stores and choose the best one for you.
Benefits of the Nectar app:
- A new digital card in your phone
- dozens and hundreds of partner brands
- extra points for special offers.
- Spend and save at the same time
- Convenient points balance management
The app is easy to install - if you have a Nectar account and have already signed up, simply sign in to the app using your Nectar card number and password.
If you have a Nectar card but haven't yet registered online, download the app and click "I have a Nectar card" to start using the app.
If you don't have a Nectar account, just download the app and register.
How do I scan my digital card at the till using the ‘Nectar’ app?
Instead of swiping your plastic card, go to the ‘Card’ section in the app and you’ll see a barcode. At a self-service till, when prompted to use your Nectar card, face your phone screen and squared barcode towards the scanner. You can tap the barcode to make it bigger if you need to. Move it around until it’s scanned, and just like that, you’ve got your Nectar points.
If someone’s scanning your items through for you, they’ll have a scanner next to the Chip and Pin machine that you can use.
Country (region): United Kingdom, Canada, United States, Oceania, Australia, New Zealand
Description of Nectar Loyalty program:
Sainsbury's Nectar Card is a very popular loyalty program. The main advantage is cross-platform. The Nectar card combines the loyalty programs of several retail chains at once and the accumulated points can be exchanged for a wide range of goods and services. You can earn points in partner stores.
Rewards within the Nectar program exist in the form of points and vouchers. The terms and conditions of the promotional rewards are detailed at www.nectar.com.
Where can I earn points with the Nectar card?
The Nectar card can be linked to Argos, eBay, Expedia, VUE Cinemas, Dulux Decorator Centre, Viking products, Caffè Nero, Brakes, and you can also earn points by buying Esso fuel. For complete information on point partners, visit the website here:
How are Nectar points awarded?
When you shop in the Sainsbury's supermarket partner network (in store or online) you will earn one point for every £1 you spend. When you redeem your points for rewards the value of 1 point is 0.5p. This means that to get the minimum reward of £2.50 you need to earn 500 points, which is £500 to spend.
How do I order a replacement Nectar card?
A damaged card can be replaced free of charge. You can continue to use the same Nectar card number temporarily.
If your card is lost or stolen, we will provide you with a new card number right away. That way, your points remain safe and you can accumulate or spend points while your card is on its way to you.
How to convert Nectar Points into eBay Vouchers
To convert Nectar points into eBay vouchers ("vouchers"):
- you need to have linked your eBay and Nectar accounts for collecting points;
- you need to log into Nectar online account and authorize eBay to set up your account for spending points;
- you need at least 500 points to redeem your points for a voucher. Vouchers are issued in increments of 500 points up to 40,000 points (max £200 per voucher).
How to redeem Nectar points?
To spend your points, you can choose from a variety of Nectar partner stores. A full list of partners can be found on the home page of www.nectar.com.
The best way is to use the Nectar App to keep up to date with all the offers.
To get a loyalty card from Nectar, you need to register in the system. This is possible in two ways:
- Registration on the site
- Registration through a mobile app.
How to register in Nectar loyalty program on the website?
You have to open the page www.nectar.com and click the Join Now button. Then you have to fill in a simple registration form.
How to register in Nectar app?
To register via mobile app you have to download and install Nectar mobile app. The links are located here:
How do I use a voucher code?
Some Nectar partners offer discounts when you purchase items using vouchers. An electronic voucher is linked to a unique digital code that you must use when making a purchase.
Using them is very simple:
- Select the code you want to use.
- Click "buy now."
- Enter your Nectar card number.
- Complete the purchase as usual.
- Enjoy your rewards
Some e-vouchers will appear in your wallet immediately - like Vue and Caffé Nero. Other partners process your voucher overnight, so it may be worth checking the details of the voucher you choose.
Nectar points on eBay
How do I spend Nectar points on eBay?
- Log in to eBay and go to the eBay Nectar page.
- On the eBay Nectar page, you will see two boxes. The one on the left tells you if your card and eBay are linked. If not, click the button to link your Nectar card to your eBay account and enter your card number.
- In the box on the right, you can set up your eBay account to spend points. Click the button labeled "Get Started." You can then log into your Nectar account online by entering your password.
- Once you have set up your eBay account to spend points, you can write vouchers from My eBay. Simply enter the number of points you want to convert and click "Get Now."
- Chat live Chat live now
- Tweet Tweet now
- Phone available Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm and 9am-5pm on Saturday.
0344 numbers are charged at local rates. Dependent upon your provider, calls to 0344 numbers are included in talktime bundles. Call 0344 811 0811
- British Sign Language Video Call (BSL) available 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm on Saturday. Connect to BSL Live service now