In March 2023, Starbucks, the American company that owns the coffee chain, released two thousand non-exchangeable tokens (NFTs) of $100 each as part of its Starbucks Odyssey loyalty program, which sold out in literally 20 minutes.
The activity of potential buyers was so high that the product's website went down for a while. Users reportedly bragged about their purchases on social media shortly thereafter.
What is Starbucks Odyssey?
Starbucks Odyssey, a new NFT-based loyalty program that launched last September, is an extension of the Starbucks Rewards loyalty program using web3 technology, allowing users to earn digital assets that can be spent to pay for exclusive services.
Starbucks calls its NFTs - Journey Stamps. The NFT collection is a version of the iconic siren on the company's logo. The tokens could be paid for by credit card or with your MetaMask wallet. They could be collected or resold at Nifty Gateway (odysseymarket.niftygateway.com). Some buyers have already put their "stamps" up for an average price of about $440.
How do I get NFT Journey Stamps?
Members can earn Journey Stamps by participating in quizzes and ordering milk substitute coffee.
The coffee company launched the NFT and Web3 promotion in September when it launched a new membership program called Starbucks Odyssey. This collection will only be available to current Starbucks Odyssey members. If you are not already a member, join the waitlist now. Available while supplies last. This offer may be withdrawn, amended, or canceled at any time.
For some time now it is also possible to buy them.
Receiving an NFT gives members extra "points" they can use to increase their level and earn rewards, including virtual classes, merchandise purchases, or a trip to the Starbucks Coffee Farm at higher membership levels.
Notably, free coffee is not listed as a possible reward.
Starbucks sells new NFT collection at Polygon chain in April 2023
The Starbucks coffee chain will release an NFT collection commemorating the company's first establishment, which opened in 1971 in Seattle.
The sale of 5,000 digital collectibles on the Polygon network will begin April 19. Early access will go to holders of two or more NFT Journey Stamps released by the company as part of its Web3 Odyssey initiative. Starbucks First Store is priced at $100 per token.
Starbucks Odyssey Market on niftygateway.com: how to buy Starbucks NFT
A guide to buying Starbucks NFT is published on the Nifty Marketplace page at https://help.niftygateway.com.
If you have any questions, you can ask the support team via the feedback form on https://help.niftygateway.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
To participate in drop-ins and become a Starbucks NFT owner, you must complete the following steps:
1. Sign up for the Starbucks Odyssey program. If you do not already have a Starbucks Odyssey account, you will not be able to participate in drop-ins.
2. Confirm your account. To be eligible to participate in certain drop-ins, you need to validate your account. This quick process involves checking a code sent to your cell phone.
3. Pass the security test via two-factor authentication. In the security settings, you have the option to select SMS verification or Authy One-touch 2FA.
4. Choose payment method. Add a convenient payment method to your profile:
- Credit/Debit Card: To add a card as a payment method, go to your balance and payment methods settings and select the "Credit Cards" tab. Once you have entered your card information, you will be prompted to confirm the 2 micro-out amounts listed on your statement (these transactions are temporary and will be deleted after verification).
- Nifty Balance: After you sell a brand on the marketplace, the proceeds of the sale will be reflected in your balance on the marketplace. This balance can be withdrawn or used as a payment method to purchase stamps.
- In addition to the above payment methods, you will have the option to use Apple Pay, Google Pay, or "Buy Now, Pay Later" through Klarna. These options will appear in the payment method selection drop-down menu at checkout.
5. Done! Move on to participate in drop-ins at Starbucks Odyssey Market, powered by Nifty Gateway.